Sarah Evelyn Showalter
e-mail: saraheshowalter at gmail dot com
|Objective||To apply skills learned in the education and education technology fields to a new and challenging environment.|
|Experience||August 2009 – Present Department of Defense Columbus, Georgia
Elementary School Art Teacher K-5: Herbert J. Dexter Elementary School
- Supported cross-curricular initiatives to include performing arts and STEAM.
- Provided opportunities for students to compete in art competitions.
- Supported school improvement initiatives as member of the “Purpose and Direction” committee.
September 2004 – June 2008 Department of Defense Seoul, Korea
Elementary School Art Teacher K-5: Seoul American Elementary School
- Redesigned the school’s art intranet web page in a user-friendly manner to suit the needs of each art class.
- Developed training curriculum and all written documentation for internal faculty enrichment initiatives.
- Utilized Microsoft Office Suite for data entry, PowerPoint presentations, and record keeping.
August 2003 – September 2004 Department of Defense Yigo, Guam
Middle School Art Teacher 6-8: Andersen Middle School
- Performed data entry into district approved grading software.
- Supported the day-to-day administrative needs of the Art Department.
|Education||2005-2008 University of Missouri Columbia, MO
M.A. Information Science and Learning Technologies
- Emphasis in Educational Technology.
2000-2002 Edinboro University Edinboro, PA
B.S. Art Education
- Minor in Art History.
- Graduated summa cum laude.
- Transferred from CCAC Pittsburgh, PA
|Publications||- Illustrated Isaiah and the Kingdom of Peace for ACTA Publications in 2012.
- Illustrated Animals of the Bible from A-Z for ACTA Publications in 2007.
|Professional Memberships||- Federal Education Association (FEA) Member
- Golden Key International Honour Society Member
- Alpha Chi National College Honor Society Member
|Special Skills||- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite and web content management programs.
- Experience with HTML, FTP, WordPress, and other open source CMS systems.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Superior written and verbal communication; strong attention to detail.